915 Valley Road, Gillette, NJ 07933
Administrative Assistant, Colette Armenti ext 200
Send Email to the Administrator
Township Administrator Nancy Malool serves as chief administrative officer of the township. Ms. Malool, who oversees all municipal departments, coordinates the day-to-day operations of the township and carries out the policies as set by the elected township committee.
Acting as the principal liaison between township committee members, township departments and the general public, the township administrator oversees a broad spectrum of township functions. The administrator’s duties include:
- Works in conjunction with the Chief Financial Officer and the Township’s auditor to prepare and administer the municipal budget.
- Serves as the personnel liaison to the Township Committee and manages all personnel matters.
- Attends all meetings of the Township Committee and other boards, commissions and committees as directed.
- Oversight of township purchasing and capital improvement projects
- Coordination of municipal property acquisitions and open space purchases
- Solicitation of grant funding from a variety of sources
- Works closely with the Township Clerk on many issues including the Township Committee agenda, contract management and records administration
- Township representation before agencies including the board of education, neighboring governmental jurisdictions, Morris County and the state of New Jersey
The township administrator’s immediate staff consists of an executive administrative assistant. Ms. Malool maintains an open door policy and encourages residents who wish to visit and meet with her to contact her office at 908-647-8000 extension 211 to schedule an appointment.
Nancy Malool was appointed by the township committee on July 26, 2017. Immediately prior to her appointment she was the Assistant Township Manager in East Windsor. Ms. Malool, an attorney, has served as the Assistant Director of the Division of Local Government Services in the NJ DCA, a member of the Scotch Plains Council from 2002 to 2008 and Mayor from 2009 to 2012. She resides in Scotch Plains.